Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Survivor: San Francisco State University

By Allison Bloch, Staff Writer

I don’t think it’s possible to finish college in four years.

But there are a few people who can do it. Who are these freaks?

Some of my friends have been at SF State forever, and honestly I don’t think they have any plans of leaving anytime soon. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, but now that I’m a senior I’m having a hard time staying motivated.

What’s the rush? I am in no hurry to enter the real world.

The most important issue here is the ability of getting all the classes you need in four years that are “ideal” for the average college student. With budget cuts, smaller classes, and less financial aid opportunities, the prospects are slim.

It’s just like Survivor.

We’re fighting to the death to get the classes we want to reach the ultimate goal of graduation.

However, the administration doesn’t grant immunity for those of us in academic good standing. We have just as good a chance as being voted out of school as anyone else.

Sometimes I think school in general is just one big rip-off. But I need this degree bad enough that until the tribe has spoken, I’m going to keep fighting a little bit longer.

Comments Post a Comment



<< Home