Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Myspace vs Real World

By Allison Bloch, Staff Writer

Okay, I’ll admit I use Myspace. But I’m not alone.

I’m currently number 33, 007, 660 in Myspace land. And there’s still more
coming. People all over the world are logging in daily to Myspace. So I’m not
the only loser out there.

But, is this really a good thing?

Myspace is taking over. From meeting new friends to interviewing people to
now meeting the “one”- all with a click of the mouse.

You now never have to leave the four walls and your comfy bed in your home to meet new people. It’s now the lazy era, live it up- or should I say, live it down?

Remember the days where we would make fun of personal ads? Similar to
the side splitting personal ads on TV- you know what I’m talking about, the 800 numbers with the scantily clad women asking for you to call them. Then there even was a “hilarious” (please note the quotation marks) movie about the subject called “Desperately Seeking Susan” (go 80s Madonna!). My friends and I would laugh at the lame personals in the newspapers.

Now, my friends are writing those ads themselves- just in Myspace.

Somehow, Myspace made blind dating “hip.” All the “cool” kids are doing it. It’s the new drug, why don’t you try it?

I have a friend who likes to go “boy shopping” through Myspace. Sadly, I must admit I got her hooked on Myspace, and I regret it to this very day.

Every day she checks her messages/account to see if someone new sent her a message.

Granted I do the same thing, but still. I’m not talking about myself. So far,
she has met her last three boyfriends, and counting, through Myspace.

You can go on Myspace and look her up there.

I did an experiment last week with Myspace dating, My friend Lina and I
were talking about hot new trend of dating through Myspace. I wondered how many responses I would get if I posted a classified on Myspace. So I did it.

Within three days I received 28 responses and over 400 new hits to my Myspace account.

Damn, I’m hot shit. Oh yeah.

What’s next? Are we going to be having sex virtually (some call this
cyber sex), falling in love online or getting married through the
net?

Nothing is safe. Nothing.

Now let me go post this link on my Myspace.

Comments Post a Comment



<< Home