Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Cavemen, Nitro and Turbo...Dear God!

by Khari Johnson, [X]press Online

I’m not sure I know where TV is going. And I don’t think TV knows either.

In approximately 10 hours, the first episode of Caveman will premiere on ABC. He’s originally the spokesperson for Geico auto insurance. I think we have all seen the commercials.

Just in case…



I’ll admit the commercials were funny, but a full blown TV show?



NBC Entertainment/Universal Media Studios has decided to bring back American Gladiators in midseason. Recycling what now? I really hope people aren't looking forward to this. Athletes participating took stage names like Turbo, Nitro and Laser and competed in competitions named the Joust, the Wall or the Eliminator, said Variety . The original series premiered in 1989 along with Baywatch, Family Matters and the Simpsons.

Through the sitcom era, into the times of reality TV… where does that put us now? Personally, I think this is exactly what American needs. Washington's corrupt, the Middle East is a powder keg and the world is melting.

Who knows? Maybe both shows turn out successes. Flava of Love on VH1 is "successful" too. It's all garbage.

Although you can’t help but imagine...









Urkel, Gladiator and Hasselhoff… that's utopia.

Comments Post a Comment



<< Home